SAK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SAK - Stunters and Killers
Welcome to SAK forums, feel free to register and enjoy our community!
Read and follow our rules, thanks.
Thank you for your visit

New Forum/website

Go down 
+17
Rein
[SAK]Gabie
[SAK]Vikt0r
Hunter
Raekwon
HeartBeat
evz
[Le_Pierre]
[SAK]REM
[SAK*]KING_OF_SA
[SAK]Groucho
[SAK]hotknife
[SAK]BuckS
[SAK]Tito_
Rob
KazzizzaK
Phantasm
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

New forum?
Yes
New Forum/website 8i4HtIz79%New Forum/website KLgMKA8
 79% [ 22 ]
No
New Forum/website 8i4HtIz21%New Forum/website KLgMKA8
 21% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Phantasm
Grand master
Grand master
Phantasm

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 2:31 am

Some members have thought to make a new forum would be a good idea. With this new forum we could increase the amount of people visiting us, we could get better organization, have better contact between us... The new forum will have better aesthetics and appearance, more easy to use, with better chatbox... About the chatbox, the one we have is very crappy and u need to connect to talk lol; with this new forum it will be more easy and will looks better cuz we can talk when we want without the need to connect. The most important is that we all want the new forum  Razz  cuz this one is very old. We want one more advanced and better in general. Here the link of the kind of forum we want: http://www.simplemachines.org/

Last edited by [SAK]Zyzz on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KazzizzaK
Important key piece
Important key piece

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 2:36 am

I'm agree is time to have other new forum +1

Last edited by [SAK]Eden on Wed May 15, 2013 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Beginer
Beginer
Rob

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 2:37 am

[SAK]Eden wrote:
I'm agree is time to have other new forum +1

agree with u guys +1

Last edited by [SAK]Rock_Zone on Wed May 15, 2013 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[SAK]Tito_
Advanced user
Advanced user
[SAK]Tito_

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 2:38 am

I'm agree with that new idea.As zyzz said,the forum will attract more people to visit us Laughing

+1 bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
[SAK]BuckS
Advanced user
Advanced user
[SAK]BuckS

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 2:42 am

Nevermind, I changed my mind... +1 A redirecting link could be good so that we don't let the people get confused from the old site...
Back to top Go down
[SAK]hotknife
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
[SAK]hotknife

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 2:50 am

Yeah, I agree. +1
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/hotknife19/
[SAK]Groucho
Honor Leader
Honor Leader
[SAK]Groucho

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 3:00 am

Fine from me.
Back to top Go down
[SAK*]KING_OF_SA
Owner
Owner
[SAK*]KING_OF_SA

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 3:23 am

This is what i think about the new forum:

- more people visiting us? just because we have changed to a new forum? only the first day, i think

- better organization: i'm the organizer, we will get exactly the same one

- better contact between us: i don't really understand why this would be different

- better aesthetics: or new aesthetics. But i would personally draw the same we already have again or close. so, yes new aesthetics. Anyways why are these bad?

- easy to use: is this one even difficult? easy to use usually means less things to to.

- chatbox: it is not a big deal. but if the new one is better it can't be helped: It's better and that's good

- We all want a new forum: Who're those we?

- This one is old: I can't find negative attributes in it

- More advanced and Better in general: Show me a changelog list please. i don't really think that a lot of things change.

-simplemachines: why do i have a lis of clan names in my mind right now?

- Some people have agreed: Please, explain your opinion. Why do you want the new forum more than this one?

And the most important what is this forum lacking to make us want to move to a new one?

NOTE: If we ever move it wil be a pain t omove all the data we have stored here.

According to that i disagree and want to read about why not to disagree in order to change my mind if i am wrong.

Anyways i'll investigate that new forum a bit.

Last edited by [SAK*]KING_OF_SA on Wed May 15, 2013 5:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sakkingofsaspace.spaces.live.com/
Phantasm
Grand master
Grand master
Phantasm

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 3:26 am

good...
Back to top Go down
[SAK]REM
Owner
Owner
[SAK]REM

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 4:09 am

Okay, I just cannot think of a good reason to move. Sure, there are tons of luxurious alternatives to a free forum like this one but I think we've done a pretty decent job here. This one is simple and easy enough to use. I believe we are going to lose quite a lot by moving to a different place, this has been our meeting point for years now... the community is big enough, and active (well, not that much recently) and I can't picture how moving would make things better... I have not heard any complaints about the forum itself in all this time, only suggestions for small tweaks like we did on the portal

So I am going to pick the ''if it's not broken, don't fix it'' stance on this matter
Back to top Go down
KazzizzaK
Important key piece
Important key piece

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 6:13 am

Quote :
- more people visiting us? just because we have changed to a new forum? only the first day, i think

-Like you said the first day would be when the page will have more visits but with the new forum the average of connect people could improve.

Quote :
- better organization: i'm the organizer, we will get exactly the same one

-The organization could be minus caotic in sight and the new forum can have more and better options for organize, localize and decorate.

Quote :
- better contact between us: i don't really understand why this would be different

-We could message between us better and more easy via pm, because here for send a message you have that enter in the user profile, click in contact and finally and finally click to send a message. With the new forum we could whit a simple click in their profile for see the option for do it. We could aument the messages sent between us and the users. I know that doing click in "no messages" you can send messages too but is not a very popular metod.

Quote :
- better aesthetics: or new aesthetics. But i would personally draw the same we already have again or close. so, yes new aesthetics. Anyways why are these bad?

-The fact that there are better aesthetics make that the our be worst. You will can draw the same we already have again but will looks better thx to the new characteristics of it.

Quote :
- easy to use: is this one ven difficult? easy to use usually means less things to do.

-The "better contact between us" question could go here too. The redirect that you receive when you post(these two options, you know) won't appear in the new forum, in general minus confusing.

Quote :
- chatbox: it is not a big deal. but if the new one is better it can't be helped: It's better and that's good

-The chatbox is a thing that is very important for the comunication and is very popular, our chatbox is dead because it is crappy, and users never enter in because you first have to connect in, could be stupid but is true, people don't want dificult things people wants things that are easy to use and practical and our chatbox is not practical.

Quote :
- We all want a new forum: Who're those we?

-If is necessary i'll say the names : Zyzz, Rock_Zone, Tito_, Hotknife, Groucho, BuckS and me, and i'm sure that Apple, Knifer, Pierre, Jackass and Pitagoras want the change too, is only question of wait their opinions if they post.

Quote :
- This one is old: I can't find negative attributes in it

- Is not question if you can't find negative atrtibutes in it or not, is only a question of modernize it, is time to do it, we want it.

Quote :
- More advanced and Better in general: Show me a changelog list please. i don't really think that a lot of things change.

-My self can't find now changelog list, other member will know it or something but i know a thing and the thing is that the place from we want translate the new page is a place more prestigious that the actual.

Quote :
-simplemachines: why do i have a list of clan names in my mind right now?

-Do you think that the place from where you created this forum is not used by other known clans? Is not question of say that others clans use "simplemachines" or not, simplemachines is a very good place for make forums with more quality, don't care if other known clans use it or not, If they use it is because they saw goods things in it.

Quote :
- Some people have agreed: Please, explain your opinion. Why do you want the new forum more than this one?

-Is question of modernize it and make a better place, it is not a whim, is a need.

For chance it won't happens nothing bad. Only give it an oportunity Wink
Back to top Go down
[SAK*]KING_OF_SA
Owner
Owner
[SAK*]KING_OF_SA

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbWed May 15, 2013 8:04 am

[SAK]Eden wrote:

-The organization could be minus caotic in sight and the new forum can have more and better options for organize, localize and decorate.
-We could message between us better and...
-The chatbox is a...
These truly are good attributes.
But i am not really sure about the organization one. The only good thing would be that the new forum has a new system that may be better or not. But that means that is possibly, possibly, better.

[SAK]Eden wrote:

1-The fact that there are better aesthetics make that the our be worst. You will can draw the same we already have again but will looks better thx to the new characteristics of it.
2-Don't care if other known clans use it or not.
3-The "better contact between us" question could go here too. The redirect that you receive when you post(these two options, you know) won't appear in the new forum, in general minus confusing.
4- Is not a question whether you can't find negative atrtibutes in it or not, is only a question of modernizing it, it is time to do it, we want it.
5- For chance it won't happens nothing bad. Only give it an oportunity Wink

1- Same as organization, the new system may help or may not. It has to be checked

2- That's the spirit. We don't care about what other clans do. That could mean that we should not copy what other clans do, but also not to stop doing things just because they did them before; you are right there.

3- I am sure that those go away automatically and you are given a short time to choose. They are not really bad.

4- I am not sure about that, if i can't find negative attributes it means that it is working and working good, no need to change just for the sake of changing.

5- This is not a chance that can be tried, it is a change that can't be undone. So we have to discuss all about its pros and cons before consiering about doing it or not, then make a plan and those thigs.
Back to top Go down
http://sakkingofsaspace.spaces.live.com/
KazzizzaK
Important key piece
Important key piece

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbThu May 16, 2013 12:36 am

[SAK*]KING_OF_SA wrote:
4- I am not sure about that, if i can't find negative attributes it means that it is working and working good, no need to change just for the sake of changing.

-We don't have that find negative attributes, is not a really necessary thing.

Quote :
5- This is not a chance that can be tried, it is a change that can't be undone. So we have to discuss all about its pros and cons before consiering about doing it or not, then make a plan and those thigs.

Look at this: http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/features.php
Back to top Go down
[SAK]Tito_
Advanced user
Advanced user
[SAK]Tito_

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbMon May 20, 2013 4:22 am

Back to top Go down
KazzizzaK
Important key piece
Important key piece

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbTue May 21, 2013 2:10 am

[SAK]Tito_ wrote:
http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=a7d5891154684c53eafbda5d8004a9ab&action=portfolio

Here you have more kinds of forums.

The Vivanto theme looks very good.
Back to top Go down
Phantasm
Grand master
Grand master
Phantasm

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbMon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 pm

what will happen? new forum or nothing?
Back to top Go down
[Le_Pierre]
Important key piece
Important key piece
[Le_Pierre]

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbThu Jun 06, 2013 12:47 am

Well i think that this forum is nice so the new forum isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
[SAK]Tito_
Advanced user
Advanced user
[SAK]Tito_

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbThu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 pm

sorry for revive this topic,but i really want to change our forum and change the portal pic.

I just want to know if it will be possible to do.

EDIT: i want to know what new members know about this idea.
Back to top Go down
evz
Important key piece
Important key piece
evz

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbFri Aug 23, 2013 1:16 am

This website is fine imo, just get a better SAK logo, and maybe a newer pic for header?
Back to top Go down
KazzizzaK
Important key piece
Important key piece

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbSun Aug 25, 2013 9:17 am

bump rabbit 
Back to top Go down
Phantasm
Grand master
Grand master
Phantasm

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbMon Aug 26, 2013 12:05 am

I just added a poll. I know KING has the final word but i wanna see what members think about it since it was done before some of them joined the clan.
I hope u all participate in this poll.
Back to top Go down
HeartBeat
Beginer
Beginer
HeartBeat

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbMon Aug 26, 2013 12:17 am

This Forum looks more Professional than the New one so i Disagree.
Back to top Go down
Raekwon
Beginer
Beginer

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbMon Aug 26, 2013 12:27 am

I think KING's mind is stuck on old school and his view on web design lacks style.
This forum is horribly designed, which also greatly hinders usability and functionality.

Cool 
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Beginer
Beginer

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbMon Aug 26, 2013 12:29 am

+1
Back to top Go down
evz
Important key piece
Important key piece
evz

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqbMon Aug 26, 2013 12:35 am

It's useless making a new forum unless people will be active in it, some members are barely active in this one, so idk if it's a good idea, although i do think the current one doesn't really look professional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Forum/website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum/website   New Forum/website ToDLZqb

Back to top Go down

New Forum/website
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next